Re: 2.4.19-pre8-ac5 ide & raid0 bugs

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 15:57:13 EST

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Because there is an entire set of new calls to deal with cfa or flash.
> It really takes a new subdriver.

Could you clarifiy that to either (a) "the kernel is now broken
completely for CF," (b) "use the non-kernel 3.1.33 pcmcia," or (c) "use
XXX." It's not clear to me if you are stating that CF no longer works at
all, not longer works with taskfile, no longer works but pcmcia separate
modules do, or that I need some other software "new subdriver" not in the
kernel or pcmcia package.

I'm not matching any of those to uni laptops working with kernel plus OLD
pcmcia support for pcmcia in kernel, and SMP not working with any
combination of recent kernel (plain, -jam, -ac, -aa, with patches, etc)
and any pcmcia.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc