Re: Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical defaults to 400cpi

From: Chris Faherty (rallymonkey@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 23:52:52 EST

On Monday 10 June 2002 05:26 pm, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> Intellimouse 1.0 uses Agilent HDNS-2000, 2.0 uses ADNS-2001, and 3.0
> uses a chip made by SGS Thompson, under a secret contract with Microsoft
> that has only 400 dpi, but up to one meter per second maximal tracking
> speed.

Hmm interesting, that Microsoft has no 800dpi mouse. Glad I picked Logitech
then. I assumed they were equivalent resolution since most reviews give the
Intellimouse the nod, but I don't know how the heck a 400dpi can compete
with a 800dpi.

Running the Logitech @ 800 on a black surface, it's flawless. I just can't
get it to fail a twitch test, despite having fewer pictures per second. I
did notice it doing a little pixel dance one time on a blue pad, but it's
not ever done that with my black vinyl surface.

--
/* Chris Faherty <rallymonkey@bellsouth.net> */