Re: scheduler problems

From: Anjali Kulkarni (anjali@indranetworks.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 02:14:09 EST

> (given that the current 2.2 kernel is 2.2.21, the first thing would
be to
> test it there too.)

Thanks, I 'll do that.

> > [...] It is due to the fact that the schedule() function does not
find
> > the 'current' process in the runqueue. [...]
>
> a crash in line 384 means that the runqueue got corrupted by
something,
> most likely caused by buggy kernel code outside of the scheduler.

Right, I thought of that, but how is it that it gets corrupt at exactly
the same offset in task_struct of that process and every time with
different processes? (I have run it atleast 20-30 times). And it just
doesnt come if I kill the process in question? (I couldnt kill kupdate,
and hence it comes anyways). And I have checked the task_struct of that
process, the next_task & prev_task & other fields are not corrupted.
Ofcource, it's still possible, like if the memory allocated & freed by
my code is then used by scheduler for allocating task_struct; and then
it is accessed again by mistake by my code at the same offset.
But you feel sure it's a run queue corruption problem, and not anything
else? If so, is there any particular way to debug this?

> > Can anyone tell me what's happening here? My kernel module is no
way the
> > cause of any of this. [...]
>
> does it happen if you do not run your kernel module after bootup,
ever?

No, it does not:(

Thanks,
Anjali