Re: [CHECKER] 37 stack variables >= 1K in 2.4.17

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 17:44:16 EST

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 15:38, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:

> Perfection isn't what I'm looking for, rather just an approximation.
> Any tool would have to give up on non-trivial recursion, or have
> additional rules imposed on the system. Checker seems to be growing
> functionality in this area, so it seems like a useful feature request.

I do not want to give up on this idea, either... if the implementation
needs to be "hackish" or even explicitly ignore certain functions, so be
it. There is a _lot_ that can be done with detailed call chain analysis
-- the point you gave is one of many.

Checker already has some basic functionality here I suspect based on
what it is capable of reporting... imagine what more could be reported?

        Robert Love