rlimits and non overcommit (was: Very large font size ...)

From: Federico Sevilla III (jijo@free.net.ph)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 00:57:33 EST

Hi Alan,
(cc BugTraq and LKML)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 at 06:39, Alan Cox wrote:
> > check to prevent such large sizes from crashing X and/or the X Font
> > Server, I'm alarmed by (1) the way the X font server allows itself to
> > be crashed like this, and (2) the way the entire Linux kernel seems to
> > have been unable to handle the situation. While having a central
> > company or
>
> So turn on the features to conrol it. Set rlimits on the xfs server and
> enable non overcommit (-ac kernel)

I am using SGI's XFS, and I think they follow Marcelo's kernels for the
2.4 series, at the moment. Are there any plans of getting non overcommit
from your tree into Marcelo's?

TIA. :)

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  <http://jijo.free.net.ph/>
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.