Re: New version of pageattr caching conflict fix for 2.4

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 20:24:29 EST

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:03:39PM -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:15:33PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Thanks to Ben LaHaise who found some problems in the original version.
> >
> > I will probably submit this version for 2.4 unless someone finds a grave
> > problem in this version.
>
> This version is missing a few of the fixes included in my version:
> it doesn't properly flush global tlb entries, or update the page

Sure it does. INVLPG (__flush_tlb_one) flushes global entries.

> tables of processes which have copied 4MB page table entries into
> their page tables. Also, the revert_page function must be called

That's done in set_pmd_page.

> before the tlb flush and free the page after the tlb flush, or
> else tlb prefetching on the P4 can cache stale pmd pointers. I'd

Fair point. Hmm, I had that correct, but somehow it got messed up again.

Another thing that probably needs to be added is that DRM needs
some change_page_attr() calls too, because it does private AGP mappings.

-Andi