Re: [RFC][TRIVIAL] Print a KERN_INFO after a module gets loaded

From: Robinson Maureira Castillo (rmaureira@alumno.inacap.cl)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 10:18:24 EST

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

> And when this gets to mainline, what stops your hacker from removing the
> printk from displaying? The way i see it, if the person is loading modules
> you're screwed beyond help.

That's why I was asking for a better place to put this printk, maybe the
correct one is just _before_ the module register its "features", you can
always check `dmesg` for a list of loaded modules, but again, if I put the
printk before the module correctly registers I can get some fake "loaded"
messages, from modules that did not complete the registration. I'll review
more carefully the loading process, perhaps adding the module address, or
even its path, I'll give it a look after giving class today, I'm already
late 8-)

Best regards.

--
Robinson Maureira Castillo