Re: Need IDE Taskfile Access

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:22:02 EST

Garet,

You are wasting electons, the interface is gone and the API to the
transport is wrecked. I will need to compose a loadable module to renable
the support. Clearly 2.5/2.6 is not friendly with the needs of the
industry and it will never be at this rate.

In the end, I will end up writing a closed ATA binary driver for sale as a
replacement. I have had several requests to consider the option. As much
as I do not like the idea, it is less offensive than the current
direction.

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group