2.5.x: arch/i386/kernel/cpu

From: H. Peter Anvin (hpa@zytor.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:45:18 EST

Whomever broke up arch/i386/kernel/setup.c and created the CPU
directory (very good idea) messed up in at least one place:

The *AMD-defined* CPUID flags (0x80000001) are not just used on AMD
processors! In fact, at least AMD, Transmeta, Cyrix and VIA all use
them; I don't know about Centaur or Rise. Intel supports the actual
level starting with the P4 although it returns all zero.

It should, in my opinion, be moved into generic_identify(). Anyone
who has a reason why that shouldn't be done speak now or I'll send the
patch to Linus.

        -hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt	<amsp@zytor.com>