Re: Anyone get Linux on a Shuttle SpaceWalker SS40?

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 19:29:50 EST

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Jun 21, 2002 at 05:00:09PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>
>>I got a cute (and very quiet) SS40 bare-bones system. I put an
>>Athlon 1.8 and 256MB DDR (Generic, Samsung chips), and a cheap Maxtor 20GB
>>HD.
>

> Perhaps the "very quiet" is a clue... No fan?
>
> -Erik

Give me a little credit :)

The bios has a temperature controlled fan, and I explicitly
tested that the fan comes on high when it gets warmer..and spins
slower when it's cool.

The bios reported temperature was about 47degres C, well within
spec for an Athlon.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>