Re: Your message to Linux-kernel awaits moderator approval

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@zmailer.org)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 14:57:34 EST

  Damn, why all weird questions creep up when I take couple days off..
  (there is this sort of summer-solstice carneval we finns do...)

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 04:17:54PM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 04:07:00PM -0700, linux-kernel-admin@anamail.broadcom.com wrote:
> > Your mail to 'Linux-kernel' with the subject
> > [BUG] floppy requests
> > Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> > The reason it is being held:
> > Posting to a restricted list by sender requires approval
> > Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> > notification of the moderator's decision.
>
> As linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org neither restricted nor administered from
> broadcom.com last I checked perhaps someone should look into this.

  I don't see directly any linux-kernel@**broadcom.com address
  at the list. (We do have 64 of "^linux-kernel@" matching addresses
  in the linux-kernel list, though.)

  There are couple addresses at broadcom.com, but those addresses have
  a feeling of being individual people.

> Matti, you've addressed some list-related issues in the past, if you've
> got some way of knowing how to deal with this, I'd be much obliged.

  Well, I might get similar bounce for this reply, and I could try to
  decode it a bit. Nevertheless, I don't suggest holding your breath,
  asphyxiation does set in a bit too fast for my abilities to debug
  these things in the usual case ;-)

> Thanks,
> Bill

/Matti Aarnio