Large block device support?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@pronto.tv)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 10:31:33 EST

hi all

I just installed a new server running linux (rh73) with 16 IBM 120GB drives
with a 116MB partition per drive - these in RAID-5 + a spare. The result -
1,63TB and then JFS on top on it. It works perfectly.

But - soon, I need to setup a new box where I guess I'll be going for 160gig
drives, due to higher needs, giving me a theoretical total of 2,24TB.

Will it soon be possible to create >2TB block devices on Linux, or is this a
low-priority concern?

thanks

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.