Re: aha152x driver broken in 2.4.19-pre10

From: Martin Diehl (lists@mdiehl.de)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 01:53:06 EST

On 23 Jun 2002, Marc Lefranc wrote:

> it looks like the aha152x driver was broken between 2.4.19-pre8 and
> 2.4.19-pre10. Apparently there is a problem with a lost interrupt. I
> am afraid I cannot do much to fix this problem, but I am willing to
> perform any test that would help.

Hi,

same for me. AFAICS when looking into the diff which got into -pre10 the
only change around the place where the lost interrupt is detected is a
dropped spin_lock_irq() around a 1sec mdelay() while probing the
interrupt. The interesting observation however is with 2.5.24 which has
exactly the same code as 2.4.19-pre10 and - surprise - does work for me
just fine. So I don't have a good idea what might cause the problem with
2.4.19-pre10...

Martin