Maximum core file size in Linux

From: Amrith Kumar (akumar@netezza.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 07:30:34 EST

Appears that there's an implicit 2Gb limit on the size of core files because
it's being created without O_LARGEFILE.

A small change in fs/exec.c (do_coredump) gets me past the limit and I can
now generate a core file in excess of 2Gb but then gdb complains that the
core dump is too large ...

Looks like there's a broader underlying issue here that would involve
changes to other places than I had thought would be required.

Anyone else out there run into a similar problem ? And if so, could you let
me know what other things I may run into ... Also, is this something that
has been fixed in a forthcoming release ?

Thanks,

/a

--
Amrith Kumar
akumar@netezza.com

#include <std_disclaimer.h> This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain Netezza Corporation confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.