Re: #kernelnewbies moves

From: Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 12:12:53 EST

* Disconnect (lkml@sigkill.net) wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 12:38, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Andrew Rodland (arodland@noln.com) wrote:
> > > You realize that if you weren't _forcing_ people not to go to the
> > > channel on OPN, by making it useless, everyone would go there anyway.
> >
> > Uh, I believe you have the OPN ircops to thank for making it +m. I know
> > that it was done by Chanserv directly after riel had left.
>
> Chanserv.. as in when the channel owner (Riel) told it to, just after
> leaving...

As far as I could tell, riel had already left the network at that point.
Additionally, if you /m chanserv info #kernelnewbies you will see that
the 'Mode Lock' is only +s and that +m is *not* there.

> If the irc ops had done it it would have been completely blocked - you
> join, it gives a message and kicks you out..

The irc ops could do either, of course. I find it very likely that it
was done by lilo after I mentioned that the channel had moved on a
channel he was on.

        Stephen