Re: [announce] [patch] batch/idle priority scheduling, SCHED_BATCH

From: Nicholas Miell (nmiell@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 19:02:21 EST

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 01:00, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > This can be done in glibc. linux/sched.h should not be used by
> > userspace applications, glibc has the define in <bits/sched.h> which is
> > included from <sched.h> - and <sched.h> is the file defined by Posix.
>
> yes, this was my thinking too.

OK, I can understand that line of reasoning.

Keep in mind that someday, someone who is looking for the implementation
of the SCHED_OTHER policy will be thoroughly confused by the kernel's
complete lack of reference to SCHED_OTHER. And they'll be asking you for
clarification.

Or, you could make some note in the source that SCHED_OTHER is
SCHED_NORMAL and eliminate any source of confusion now.

- Nicholas