EXT3-fs error on kernel 2.4.18-pre3

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cantab.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 14:05:38 EST

Hi,

I just noticed that my file server running 2.4.18-pre3 + IDE patches &
NTFS patches has this error message in the logs:

EXT3-fs error (device md(9,4)): ext3_free_blocks: Freeing blocks not in
datazone - block = 33554432, count = 1

This is the only ext3 error I have seen and the uptime is currently over
74 days. The error actually appeared two weeks ago. The timing coincides
well with when this device (/dev/md4, a MD RAID-1 array) ran out of
space, so it may well be related.

All seems to be working again after I freed up some space. Haven't run
fsck as I would hate to down the server with that nice uptime...

Should I be worried?

I am only mentioning this as I suppose it may be a bug somewhere in
ENOSPC handling, so perhaps someone is interested in this report...

--
Best regards,

Anton -- Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at cantab.net> (replace at with @) Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.openprojects.net WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/, http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/ - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/