Re: usb storage cleanup

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 16:43:29 EST

I don't understand what this patch is trying to do...

You're reverting our new state machine changes... why?

You're reverting the new mechanism to determine device state... why?

You're removing the entire bus_reset() logic... why?

This patch undoes most of the work done in the last few months. I
_strongly_ oppose the patch without some better explanations.

About the only think I agree with is the addition of some BUG_ON() calls.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

I need a computer? -- Customer User Friendly, 2/19/1998