Re: Thinkpad 560 suspend/hibernate requires floppy

From: Sanjoy Mahajan (sanjoy@mrao.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 14:03:04 EST

>> # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set

> Enable this, the bios seems to want interrupts enabled, especially when
> suspending to disk.

I'll try that. Though I'm running bios v1.11 on the TP560, not v1.20
(which apparently requires CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS to be set).

For now, I've found that to get hibernate/suspend working again, I
don't even need to have a floppy drive attached or even use
mount/umount. All I have to do is:

% modprobe -r floppy
% modprobe floppy

then I can suspend or hibernate with no problem.

-Sanjoy