Re: prevent breaking a chroot() jail?

From: Ville Herva (vherva@niksula.hut.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 16:07:48 EST

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 04:48:43PM -0500, you [Jeff Dike] wrote:
> vherva@niksula.hut.fi said:
> > ISTR UML had some security problems (guest processes being able to
> > disrupt host processes or just guest processes being able to disrupt
> > other guest processes). Have those been resolved yet?
>
> Can you be more specific? That's not ringing any bells with me.

Sorry, I should've searched the archives before asking. It was just a thing
I had read somewhere, quite a while ago. Can't find the exact reference now,
but google does give a couple of hits:

http://online.securityfocus.com/bid/3973/discussion/

I just hadn't heard these having been addressed, but that's most likely just
me not following closely enough.

> As far as I know, there's nothing that needs to be resolved.

Glad to hear. I'll try it next time I'll need to jail something.

-- v --

v@iki.fi