spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

From: Patrick Clohessy (pat@cs.curtin.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 04:13:13 EST

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem I'm having.
I have installed red hat 7.3 with kernel version 2.4.18 on an AMD Duron
1100 with a ASUS A7V133-C Motherboard, 32MB TNT2 and a 20 GIG Maxtor
Viper HD. Whenever the machine boots up, the following error appears :

spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7

I have read through quite a few mailing lists and other sources but
can't find an adequate solution. One solution I found was to turn off
Local APIC support and IO-APIC support in the kernel, which I tried and
it worked, but I'd rather not do this. I realise the error isn't of a
huge concern but it's still annoying having it appear everytime the
machine boots up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--