Re: 2.4.19-rc1: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 11:17:33 EST

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Christian [iso-8859-15] Bornträger wrote:

> I found some of these messages in the archive, but nothing really helped me.
> I have to remove the 3c59x driver , because network restart is not enough to
> bring back life to my network connection.
>
> I never saw this message with older kernels (<=2.4.18), but I moved to another
> place with another network, so I am not sure if it is related to some
> hardware problems or driver trouble.
>
> The 3com shares the interrupt with some other cards on an KT133A-chipset. This
> happens unfrequent but mostly when I have high traffic.

I have seen interrupt problems with that chipset when sharing interrupts
with the onboard stuff. I had to disable the 2nd serial port to get a NIC
working, and I still see spurrious INT from the parallel port, which I
need. Even when not in use it babbles.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc