SIS645DX/SIS5513

From: Bill Darrow (bdarrow@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 19:37:46 EST

I recently aquired a motherboard with a SIS645DX northbridge and a SIS961B southbridge which has an IDE controller in the SIS5513 family...

    IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE] (rev 208).

There appears to be support for the SiS ide controllers in sis5513.c however there only appears to be support for the 645 and not the 645dx. I can still use my IDE controller but device read timings on ATA133 harddrives show that they can only put out about 3M/sec which isn't acceptable. Does anyone know of any support for the 645dx/5513 combo (961B)? Or does anyone know a way I can make a quick hack on sis5513.c so that I can support my controller, even if its not to its fullest potential?

Thankyou in advance,
Bill