Re: [STATUS 2.5] July 10, 2002

From: Karim Yaghmour (karim@opersys.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 11:54:49 EST

Thunder from the hill wrote:
> > > - Build option for Linux Trace Toolkit (LTT)
>
> Nobody seemed to be interested in this toolkit. The (s|l)trace toolkit and
> kdb seemed to be sufficient for the most developers. (I don't whine here
> either.)

It's somewhat unfair to compare LTT to s/ltrace or kdb because they
don't serve the same purposes. The other thread on "Enhanced profiling"
should have made this very clear by now.

I've spoken to many key kernel developers about this and they all saw
its inclusion as being positive, but they also all said the same thing:
it's really Linus' decision.

In light of the recent discussions, it would be really nice to get a
definitive statement about LTT's inclusion in 2.5.

Cheers,

Karim