Re: htree directory indexing 2.4.18-2 BUG with highmem and also high i/o

From: Andreas Dilger (adilger@clusterfs.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 19:49:33 EST

On Jul 11, 2002 01:03 +0200, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 July 2002 23:01, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > > The ext2 htree patch probably needs to add a "kmap()" and "kunmap()"
> > > in the function that reads a page and scans the directory for the
> > > name it is looking for. I can't be any more specific than this
> > > right now since I only have the ext3 version of this patch, and it
> > > does not have page-cache based directories (it is still using the
> > > buffer cache).
>
> Say, where can i find those patch for ext3? I've searched a long time and
> never found it?! :|

The most up-to-date version is in the ext3 CVS tree at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/

the ext3 package therein has "features-branch" on which the ext3 htree
patch has already been applied (along with other ext3 fixes). If you
only want the ext3 htree patch, you can also get it from the "lustre"
sourceforge project at "lustre/extN/htree-ext3-2.4.18.diff".

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Dilger