Re: [CHECKER] 56 potential lock/unlock bugs in 2.5.8

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 15:48:20 EST

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:34:29PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:

> > OFS afaik. Has this always been the case ? I'm sure I ran fsx without
> > disabling mmap before on this image, and it used to pass.
> ofs never supported mmap.

Interesting. My old testing must have been with an ffs image I guess.

> > Second bad news, with the -W -R options, it goes splat in an
> > even more dramatic way.
> Which kernel version? It looks like a bug which already has been fixed
> quite some time ago.

2.5.25-dj1. I expect the same problem to exist in mainline if its
AFFS specific, as I currently have no patches in that area.

Unfortunatly I've not time right now to test mainline, as I've
more important things to do before I catch a flight. If it's
still happening when I get back in a week or so, I'll try again.

        Dave