Re: Future of Kernel tree 2.0 ............

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 08:41:22 EST

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, c0330 wrote:

> In nowsdays, there are less less compputers using 2.0. We should push
> them to upgrade, so I think stop developing 2.0 is better, in my opinion

I've never seen you develop 2.0. How can you stop if you didn't start ?

I think the people who use and maintain 2.0 should decide for themselves
whether maintaining 2.0 is worth it for them. The 2.0 maintenance isn't
taking away any energy from 2.4 and 2.5 development, so there is no reason
to ask people to stop doing what is useful for them.

regards,

Rik