route cache corruption

From: Nir Soffer (nirs@exanet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 06:53:42 EST

Hi!

We've been having some problems with the route cache corrupting on us,
suddenly every connection we made went out to the loopback interface,
and right back in the machine.

I've seen a patch in the 2.4.19 changelog headline:
" Terrible bug in ipv4/route.c, mis-sized ip_rt_acct leads to"

Could this be the cause of this phenomena, or am I barking up the
wrong tree?

I'm currently running a modified 2.4.18-4. I'm aware that straying
from the vanilla is a recipe for trouble - but I'm wondering if this
specific problem could be caused by this bug. I haven't found anything
in the archives telling me what exactly this bug does. All I've seen
are references to it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Software Engineer, Exanet Inc. -=-
"Father, why are all the children weeping? / They are merely crying son