Re: [BUG?] unwanted proxy arp in 2.4.19-pre10

From: Julian Anastasov (ja@ssi.bg)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 17:35:04 EST

        Hello All, David,

Andi Kleen wrote:

> The main use of this seem to be certain HA failover setups.
> Some people use a patch that allows to disable ARP per interface for it
> ("hidden") but for some reasons it was not integrated.

        Yes, "hidden" has its own purpose which is limitted
usually to HA setups. Then Alexey proposed (from long time)
such ARP tricks to be controlled with hook(s)/rules. My ideas in
such direction resulted in "iparp" which is completed:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/#iparp

        Its purpose is "tuning" of ARP (the kernel's use
only), not for security. For example, it can't deal with remote