Re: IDE/ATAPI in 2.5

From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer (mathieu@newview.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 16:07:50 EST

alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:
> Intriguing. Something horrible is happening on your system to see 98%
> system time off a bus mastering DMA controller. It should only look like
> that on things like an AHA152x

Well, to be frank, I wouldn't blame the scsi subsystem: the disk is almost
idle and procinfo -d gives an average of 6 irqs (using the default 5 sec
delay between 2 updates)...

--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu@newview.com
    It is exactly because a man cannot do a thing that he is a