Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ext3 vs Reiserfs benchmarks

From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer (mathieu@newview.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 15:27:34 EST

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 03:22:31PM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> In this case, can you use a RAID mirror or something, then break it?
>
> Also, there's the LVM snapshot at the block layer someone already
> mentioned, which when used with smaller partions is less overhead.
> (less FS delta)
>
> This problem isn't that complex.

I agree but I guess that if Matthias asked the question that way, he
probably meant he doesn't have a raid mirror or "something" (as you
say)... If you didn't plan your install (meaning you don't have the nice
raid or anything else), you're basically screwed...

--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu@newview.com
    It is exactly because a man cannot do a thing that he is a