Re: [BUG] loop.c oopses

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 16:14:55 EST

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:42:52PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> The patch below fixes that remap issue, plus uncounted number of other loop
> issues. For example, device backed loops use pre-allocated pages for zero VM
> pressure.

I'd like to understand this (and possibly even use it) as I tend to use
the loopback block driver often. Any chance you could break this up into
a blow-by-blow series of bugfixes? As it is here, it's a bit much for me
to digest as a newbie to bio.

My needs for explanation are perhaps greater than others on the cc: list,
so it's really optional, but I'd be much obliged if you could do so.

Thanks,
Bill