Re: Generic modules documentation is outdated

From: Yann Dirson (ydirson@altern.org)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 18:17:17 EST

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:48:41PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 22:02, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > - I have installed no proprietary driver, all loaded drivers declare to be
> > "GPL" or "Dual BSD/GPL".
>
> Something you loaded was missing a MODULE_LICENSE tag - modern insmod
> will warn on this one

OK. I found a good candidate in the Apple HFS module. Although I only have
it compiled "just in case" and don't use it, possibly some
filesystem-probing stuff has it loaded.

Unfortunately, the fact that it is insmod telling this results in no
messages in the logs...

Adrian: you're listed as HFS maintainer - could you please take care of
adding that module information ? (my appologies if it's done in 2.4.19rc)

Regards,

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: