Re: 2.5.26 : drivers/scsi/BusLogic.c

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 20:03:40 EST

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 06:16:28PM +0200, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Dale Amon wrote:
>
> > BusLogic.c:32: #error Please convert me to Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt
> > BusLogic.c: In function `BusLogic_DetectHostAdapter':
> > BusLogic.c:2841: warning: long unsigned int format, BusLogic_IO_Address_T arg (arg 2)
> > BusLogic.c: In function `BusLogic_QueueCommand':
> > BusLogic.c:3415: structure has no member named `address'
> > BusLogic.c: In function `BusLogic_BIOSDiskParameters':
> > BusLogic.c:4141: warning: implicit declaration of function `scsi_bios_ptable'
> > BusLogic.c:4141: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> > make[2]: *** [BusLogic.o] Error 1
>
> I'm having a look at this, but there seem to be quite a number of
> hindrances. Hopefully i'll have something before next release.

Attached you will find a patch that compiles cleanly, but is totally
untested. Testing would be appreciated. I suspect FlashPoint controllers
*might* have a problem, but MultiMaster (or whatever they are called)
should work properly. WARNING: This could eat a filesystem, it's totally
untested DMA mapping code and I have *no* BusLogic controllers to do any
sort of verifications with. The brave at heart are needed to let me know
if this thing works ;-)

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.