RE: Wrong CPU count

From: venom@sns.it
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 07:12:55 EST

yes, as bios option.

On my point of view it would be interesting to verify is hyperthreading is
really usefull or not.

Recently I am studying new Athlon XP architecture, and I am programming
to study Xeon as soon, and then to compare them, to decide to which
architecture I should refer for new servers. Point is that instrction unit
management is too different, while real word benchs are 50% pro Athlon,
50% pro Xeon depending on the applications (well, more or less) ...