Re: [2.6] Most likely to be merged by Halloween... THE LIST]

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 19:31:03 EST

Rik van Riel wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Hans Reiser wrote:
>

>>I, in my egocentrism, think it would make more sense to have a deadline
>>for submission rather than a deadline for acceptance,
>>

>It's both. We all know Linus doesn't have the time to keep
>forward-porting our hundreds of patches so he can only include
>patches into his kernel that apply to the exact same tree he
>has at that day.
>
>This (and the fact that Linus gets far too much email and patches
>to look at old ones) is bound to make the Halloween deadline stick
>for both submission and acceptance.
>
>I hope.
>
>regards,
>
>Rik

That could be dealt with by letting people resend feature containing
patches that were first submitted by Halloween (forward porting them as
things progress) until they get a rejection or Linus announces he has
taken all that he wants from the queue.

A thundering herd of patches is an opportunity, not a problem, unless
they need to get applied by Halloween.;-)

--
Hans