bigphysarea

From: Mark Hounschell (dmarkh@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 05:23:59 EST

 We have a pci reflective memory card that has no hardware scatter/gatter capabilities. Software scatter/gather is to slow for our needs. It has 16mb of mem that needs to be
contigously mapped into a user task. We have been using the bigphysarea patch and seems
to do what we need for this card. We have been using it sice the beginning to the 2.4
series kernel. My question is, is this patch still nessessary or is there possibly a
way do do this now without the patch?

Ragards
Mark