Re: kbuild 2.5.26 - arch/alpha

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 08:28:11 EST

On Tue, 2002-07-23 14:42:03 +0200, Martin Brulisauer <martin@uceb.org>
wrote in message <3D3D6B3B.25754.1392D3FD@localhost>:
> On 21 Jul 2002, at 18:57, Oliver Pitzeier wrote:
> > Oh... I did... :o( :o) But it's currently a mission
> > impossible. The last kernel running fine for my alpha
> > is 2.5.18 (with a lot of patches...)

There was a quite good patch sent to l-k some weeks ago which
(basically) still applies. I'm using this one (with watering eyes
waiting for a compileable Linus-Kernel...).

> Is there anybody who is willing to test such a patch
> on different alpha's (I only have some XLT's, an AS800
> and one AS250, so all alcor based systems with
> ISA and PCI but without EISA and all are using sys_alcor.c)?
> Further I can't test SMP with this _very_ old hardware.

I cannot test SMP either (I've not got a SMP alpha), but I can test on
Miata, Avanit and NoName.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   jbglaw@lug-owl.de   .   +49-172-7608481
	 -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --