RE: kbuild 2.5.26 - arch/alpha

From: Martin Brulisauer (martin@uceb.org)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 18:21:12 EST

On 24 Jul 2002, at 1:05, Oliver Pitzeier wrote:
> > On 23 Jul 2002, at 18:29, George France wrote:
> > > site or mailing list. It is probably better to utilize
> > what exist. Either
> > > the debian-alpha@lists.debian.org, axp-list@redhat.com,
> > > axp-hardware@talisman.alphalinux.org or suse-axp@suse.com. In the
> > > worst
> >
> > As long as these lists are kernel (?) and not user oriented
> > and not too distribution specific.
>
> That's why I think it would be the best to setup a new one. But you'll
> never be able to lock out distribution specify questions and so
> replies... :o(

All these mailing lists are used to have kind of a "virtual" team,
are they? If we move the linux/alpha discussions away from
linux-kernel and/or vger.kernel.org how big is the risk that we
solve problems in this list others have already done?

In my oppinion linux/alpha should not be treated as a separate
task, offline from other kernel discussions. Too much information
could get lost - and as we can see now - linux/alpha is way
behind the current tree Linus maintains.

If Linus will participate in a linux/alpha mailing list, then it would
be a good idea - If not ... (guess if he will ;-}).

Regards,
Martin