Re: cpqarray broken since 2.5.19

From: Marcin Dalecki (dalecki@evision.ag)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 09:27:12 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Marcin Dalecki wrote:
>

>>>Jens, the same is in cciss.c.
>>>Please remove locking from blk_stop_queue() (as you suggested) or intrduce
>>>unlocking in request_functions.
>>>

>>Bartek I think the removal is just for reassertion that the
>>locking is the problem. You can't remove it easly from
>>blk_stop_queue() unless you make it mandatory that blk_stop_queue
>>has to be run with the lock already held. Or in other words
>>basically -> Don't use blk_stop_queue() outside of ->request_fn.
>

> Yep, that how it should be only used.
> However you are right these stop/start need some checking.
>
> About idea of using QUEUE_FLAG_STOPPED as IDE_BUSY right now is no go
> and will never be.

Hold on please. Becouse if you think one step further ->
not blocking blk_stop_queue() in do_request or more
precisely at places where the IDE_BUSY get's set 8-) you suddenly get
completely rid of it if you replace the "back-calls" to do_request() in
ata_irq_request() and ide_timer_expiry() with blk_start_queue()...
No direct manipulation whatsever.