Re: Asus-a7v/Via-Vt8233 data corruption

From: David Caplan (david@david.ath.cx)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 23:35:21 EST

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:20:08 -0400, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Could you, David, and other people with corruption try this patch from
> Andre?

Hi,

I did some more testing, and to my great surprise found that one of my
ram sticks was dead. This is what seems to have been causing the
corruption.

Hopefully (because I just re-installed) it won't corrupt any more,
but I will still try out this patch. This patch looks like it fixes the
VIA 8367, which is on the Asus A7V333 board, not the a7v266 (my) board.
However, coincidentally I happen to be receiving the A7V333 board
tomorow :) So I will test the patch when I install the new board.

For the other people with the corruption, did you alter the pci latency
in the bios?

- David