Re: USB Keyboards with recent 2.4.19-pre/rcXX and 2.5.2X

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 13:15:19 EST

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 06:12:21PM +0200, Sven.Riedel@tu-clausthal.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:35:05AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Is CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT selected in your .config?
> Now it is, and now it works. Thanks for the tip.

Ah, and I didn't believe people when I said this wasn't going to be a
problem...:
        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=101761858728615&w=2

> > You _did_ run 'make oldconfig' when upgrading kernel versions, right?
> Uhm, no. What does that do? Never heard of it before...

EVERY TIME you move a different .config file from a different kernel
version you HAVE to run 'make oldconfig' to fix up the differences.
This means everytime you upgrade your kernel version, you have to do it
before rebuilding the kernel.

I think the 2.5 Makefile now detects this condition and will tell you to
run it.

thanks,

greg k-h