Reg. gcc-3.0 for ultrasparc

From: Shanti Katta (katta@csee.wvu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 21:29:55 EST

Hi,
While compiling user-mode-linux on ultrasparc(with debian on it), I get
the following linker errors with gcc-3.0.

gcc-3.0 -Wl,-T,arch/um/link.ld -Wl,--wrap,malloc -Wl,--wrap,free
-Wl,--wrap,calloc \
        -o linux -static arch/um/main.o vmlinux.o -L/usr/lib -lutil
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libutil.a when searching for
-lutil

If I change that option to -L/usr/lib64, it gives a bunch of errors for
crti.o, crtbegin.o, etc and also complains about a bunch of functions in
vmlinux.o. Can anyone help in getting through these errors?
I was just wondering when the gcc-3.1 compiler will be ready for being
used on Ultrasparc?

Thanks in advance
-Regards
-Shanti