Re: 2.4.18 Fuji 1300 usb-storage problem

From: Nathan Straz (nstraz@sgi.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 14:13:34 EST

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 04:59:43PM +1000, John August wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:25:21AM -0500, Nathan Straz wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:29:55AM +1000, John August wrote:
> > > Note that it does not get as far as identifying the partition table,
> > > and the Model is indicated as FinePix 1400Zoom, when its in fact a 1300,
> > > and previously it was "USB-DRIVEUNIT" as the model.
> >
> > Maybe the 1300 doesn't have as broken a USB implementation as the 1400
> > does. In linux/drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h there is an entry for
> > the 1400.
>
> You have :
>
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 3
> scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
> Vendor: FUJIFILM Model: USB-DRIVEUNIT Rev: 1.00
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
>
> As the total output.
>
> It appears the original "USB-DRIVEUNIT" code in 2.4.2-2 was OK, or there's
> some external problem in indentifying the sda device characteristics.

Hmm, are you sure you have SCSI disk support loaded (sd_mod)?

Since that didn't fix it, I'd suggest taking this to the linux-usb-devel
list. You'll probably want to turn on the usb-storage debugging output
to get some more detail. I think they would appreciate seeing all of
the kernel messages that result from plugging in the camera.

Good luck,

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@sgi.com
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/