Re: 2.4.19-rc3-aa1 and FB Console

From: Austin Gonyou (austin@digitalroadkill.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 02:30:35 EST

Let me clarify a bit further. When creating the kernel tree in the
following manner:

1. untar 2.4.18
2. apply 2.4.19-rc3 patch
3. apply 2.4.19-rc3-aa(1|2) patch
4. make menuconfig | xconfig

I only have the following available under "Console Drivers":
  <> VGA text console
  <> Video mode selection support

It used to be when selecting "Video mode selection support" that many
more items were then available, like the support for resolutions, font
types, etc. I don't see that in rc3, but did in rc2.

Please advise, I really wanna try rc3, but can't get past this one thing
TIA.