Re: i810_audio.c cli/sti fix

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@elte.hu)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 04:10:00 EST

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Doug Ledford wrote:

> it is merely intended to stop all interrupts that might skew our timing
> via udelay() on the local CPU (it's actually pretty important that we
> keep our variance from a real 50ms delay as small as possible, since the
> more variance we allow in this loop the more likely it will be that our
> sound card will play sounds either a bit too fast or too slow).

how about a disable_irq_all() and enable_irq_all() call, which would
disable every single interrupt source in the system? Sure it's a bit
heavyweight (it disables the timer interrupt too), but if some driver
**really** needs complete silence in the IRQ system then it might be
useful. It would roughly be equivalent to cli() and sti(), from the
hardirq disabling point of view. [it would not disable bottom halves.]

        Ingo