Re: Problems assigning IRQs on Sony R505ECK laptop

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 05:48:23 EST

Am Fre, 2002-07-26 um 17.41 schrieb Aaron Gaudio:

> Hi all. I'm having trouble with linux finding IRQs for several
> devices on my Sony R505ECK laptop (just got it yesterday :)

I've seen similar troubles on a different Vaio (unfortunately I don't
have the model number handy). Basically what happens is that the
Local-APIC seemingly isn't initialised correctly, all bridges in the
system are treated transparently and all devices get the same IRQ (9)
assigned. The system works just fine but I guess not as efficient as
it could go because of the interrupt storm on IRQ 9. I can get get all
data from this machine if someone wants to debug this problem.

--
Servus,
       Daniel