Re: [cset] Add the EVIOCSABS ioctl for X people.

From: Brad Hards (bhards@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 02:32:53 EST

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:08, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:47:20AM +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> No problem. Send me a patch that does it for both the EVIOSGABS and
> EVIOCSABS and I'll take it. You can either just do it in evdev.c, or
> change every driver to use the struct.
I am just doing the evdev.c (ie the ABI) at this stage. I may look at the
internal representation later.
Patch against 2.5.29. Looks OK?

> > I could live with curr, min and max instead of *_value, but it
> > would be nicer if it was a bit more descriptive.
>
> You can make it current, minimum, and maximum, if you wish. I'm a
> minimalist when it comes to naming, and I don't really think "_value" is
> bringing much information here. All of them are values after all.
"current" is a bad idea. I used curr_value.

Also, it is nice if you can retain the attributions (so I can get some
ego satisfaction, and so people know who to blame). This is generally
done by maintainers - any chance you can do this too?

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.