Re: 2.4.19rc3aa4

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 11:56:35 EST

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:42:02AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Only in 2.4.19rc3aa4: 9900_aio-1.gz
> >
> > Merged async-io from Benjamin LaHaise after purifying it from the
> > /proc/libredhat.so mess that made it not binary compatible with 2.5.
>
> As there is no finished aio ABI for 2.5 it can't be binary compatible. But
> unlike your version Ben's patch is not very likely to conflict with new

Yes, my version will clash if the API changes in 2.5, but I will adapt it with
whatever API will showup in 2.5. This is in developement process of course.
I just need to ship something right now and in order to do that without the
libredhat I've to risk to be incompatible for a short period of time.

> 2.5 features soon. An no, there is no such thing as /proc/libredhat.so in
> his patch.

it may not be in /proc to save some byte of kernel ram but it doesn't matter
where such bytecode is located.

Andrea