Re: RAID problems

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 12:25:37 EST

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Jakob Oestergaard wrote:

> Just like the last time you asked this question on linux-kernel, the
> answer is in the Software RAID HOWTO, section 6.1, and it is still
> available at
>
> http://unthought.net/Software-RAID.HOWTO/Software-RAID.HOWTO-6.html#ss6.1
>
> Nothing has changed :)
>
> If you feel that the answer there is inadequate, please let me know.

I think he did by asking for help again. You might well have pointed him
at a newsgroup or mailing list (there was one for RAID) so he could get
some interractive support.

Why does no one seem surprised that one drive failed and the system marked
four bad instead of using the spare in the first place? That's a more
interesting question.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc